Monday, July 5, 2010

Germany vs Argentina



What an upset. After 36 hours of traveling and one pounding headache I was picked up by Moz at the airport in stellenbosch. The excitement was already in the air at 8:00 a.m. Because of the battle hat would soon take place between Germany and Argentina. With enough time only for a small nap and some coffee with amarula cream, we were out on the streets tithe stadium where Moz and her boyfriend Joey had tickets to the game. I sat outside in a bar with an elderly local woman watching it on the big screen and drinking a local Savannah dry beer. This woman made my night. Belinda was her name. She represented what the world cup means for south Africa: pride. A little bit tipsy and with lipstick all over her teeth she told me how proud she was of bafana bafana for doing so well and how she felt for Ghana and how beautiful the entire world looked walking safely down the street to the stadium. The only I t
interruption was when she screamed at Germany when they scored 1 of their 4 goals. What a game.

I am now sitting in an Internet cafe typing on my mobile. Time is running out so I can write no more. I am also unable to load pictures at this point. Check facebook soon. I will upload more when possible. I miss you all and hope you are watching and cheering for Spain on Wednesday. For now...cheers from capetown.

3 comments:

  1. Amarula!!! Mmmmmmmmmm! So jealous. Hope you're having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - go bafana! She must live " alittle bit tipsy". What a rout - Germany kicked b---. Hope yer havin fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beanie,
    I miss you and can't wait to see your pics on Facebook. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete